We have heard many students are unable to play due to loose or broken strings, so we are launching a free, while-you-wait curbside service to tune instruments at our 3 locations.
The health and safety of our clients and employees is our top priority. That is why we are following the Swiss Violinmaking Federation's guidelines for COVID-19 hygiene.
VIOLIN & BOW MAKERS COVID-19 HYGIENE This document was prepared by the Swiss Violinmaking Federation and shared with other colleagues of the Entente Internationale des Maitre Luthiers et Archetiers D’Art
1. HAND HYGIENE
· All staff should wash or sanitize their hands regularly.
· Employees wash/sanitize their hands after arrival at the shop, as well as before and after every
contact with a client.
· Clients wash or disinfect their hands when they arrive
· A sink with soap and paper towels and/or disinfectant is available to employees and customers.
2. MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
· Employees and other people must keep six feet between themselves.
· Workstations are six feet apart or are divided in different rooms.
· Floor marks as needed will define the customer area
· Only one customer may enter the shop at a time, except a parent with a child.
· Any items are to be exchanged without direct contact and maintaining a six-foot distance.
· Any persons, staff and customers, must wear a face mask when on our premises.
· Clients are received by appointment only, and personal contact time remains limited.
3. SANITIZING AND CLEANING
· Use sanitizing wipes regularly to clean surfaces and objects after use
· Because of the risk of damage to instruments, alcohol should be used only by trained staff members to sanitize instruments
· Doorknobs, telephones, keyboards, sanitary facilities, etc. are disinfected at least twice a day.
· Tools that are shared are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
· Instruments, bows and boxes are isolated within the shop and disinfected if necessary
4. HIGH-RISK EMPLOYEES
· High-risk employees will work in separate rooms, follow the above protocols regarding contact with colleagues, and have no contact with customers.
5. SYMPTOMATIC OR UNWELL INDIVIDUALS
· Clients and staff who are not in perfect health should stay home and may not enter the workshop.
· Clients and staff who suddenly feel unwell should leave the shop at once.
· Infected employees will isolate themselves for 14 days.
· If necessary: the entire shop will go into quarantine.
6. SPECIAL PROFESSIONAL SITUATIONS
· All customers items are disinfected or quarantined three days before any work is carried out.
· Clients may want to quarantine their items 3 days at home after recovering it.
· When possible, staff will handle one instrument at a time, sanitizing between touching items.
· Inform customers and employees of regulations and procedures.
· People not in perfect health should leave the shop immediately and follow government isolation guidelines.
· Co-workers will be regularly informed of the workshop's protective measures.
· Clients will be informed in a timely manner of the workshop's protective measures.
· Will implement and adapt safeguards to ensure adequate protection for vulnerable people.
· Will maintain stocks of protective supplies (soap, disinfectant, PPE)
· Will regularly update and remind employees and customers of hygiene protocols.
· Ensure your own health and have a good attitude.
Remote Service Options
Although our retail locations must remain closed, we may be able to serve you remotely.
If you need a rental instrument to replace an unavailable instrument, strings or accessories, please order through our online store and we will be in touch about fulfillment of your order.
Music books are not listed online, so if you are need of a specific book, please email us at Music@liviolinshop.com and tell us what book you are looking for.
If you are already renting an instrument from us and you need to move up a size, please e-mail us at Music@liviolinshop.com and we will be in touch with you to make arrangements.
We are offering music lessons via the internet, please contact our Education Coordinator, Monica Capiral, at Monica@liviolinshop.com for more details.
If you have any questions please email Music@liviolinshop.com.
Please do not telephone as messages are not being recorded.